An XCC is a mind, body and soul adventure - an active and challenging endurance event for men, out in the wild. The XCC is set up like one endless day; for 72 hours men are confronted with significant physical challenges, deep comradery and profound moments of moral and spiritual input. Through the XCC process men find perspective; they evaluate who they are and they find a purpose worth living for.
WATCH TO LEARN MORE ABOUT XCC
James Ray went from being an XCC attendee to leading 4M in the UK and has been involved in XCC around the world.
SEE MORE OF THE STORIES
Click here to see men's stories, along with photos and more info of past XCC'S.
- Do we need to bring a stove with us, and if we do bring one will it be taken from us at the start -- if you have a good camping/walking stove and can use it safely, bring it. Or we will provide one.
- What is happening in the way of water. I see we have to bring 1.5L but I see nothing else. Do we get water on the way? -- bring full water bottles, but then water will be provided
- Can we bring a hydration pack like a 'camelback' to hold drink in -- yes
- Can we bring isotonic powder to add to water? – only if medically necessary but we don't want people becoming too sugar inflated so we discourage the use of these
- How many snacks can we bring? – all food will be provided, extra snacks will be confiscated (unless needed for medical reasons)
- Can I arrive early? -- No. There is nothing to do and you won't be allowed on location until the start time.